Col. Marc A. Brock is the Commander, Space Delta 2, headquartered at Peterson Space Force Base, Colorado. He commands the Space Domain Awareness Delta spanning the globe with personnel at 10 locations supporting missions in four countries. DEL 2 is responsible for preparing and presenting assigned and attached forces for the purpose of executing combat-ready Space Domain Awareness operations to deter aggression, and, if necessary, fight to protect and defend the U.S. and our allies from attack in, through and from space.
Col. Brock was born in Peekskill, N.Y. He entered the Air Force in May 1998 from Syracuse University with a Reserve Officer Training Corps commission. He has been assigned to numerous operational and staff positions. Prior to his current position, he was the Chief, Programs Division, Headquarters Space Operations Command, Directorate of Plans, Programs and Financial Management, Peterson Space Force Base, Colorado.
1998 Bachelor of Science, Aerospace Engineering, Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
2001 Master of Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, University of Florida, Gainesville
2002 Master of Science, Space Systems, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
2005 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2008 Intermediate Developmental Education, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, (AFIT credit program)
2013 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2019 Master of Strategic Studies from the Army War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., (Distinguished Graduate)
- June 1998 - February 1999, Casual Status, 564th Missile Squadron, Malmstrom Air Force Base, Mont.
- February 1999 - May 1999, Undergraduate Space and Missile Training, and AN/FPS-85 Initial Qualification Training, 392nd Training Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
- May 1999 – July 2002, Operations Crew Commander, Deputy Chief and Chief of Operations Training, 20th Space Surveillance Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
- July 2002 - March 2004, Graduate Student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
- March 2004 - January 2007, Chief, Space Analysis Branch and Deputy Chief Kinetic Effects Division, Air Force Tactical Exploitation of National Capabilities, Schriever AFB, Colo.
- January 2007 – May 2007, Orbital Analyst, 1st Space Control Squadron, Cheyenne Mountain Air Station, Colo.
- May 2007 - July 2008, Operations Support Flight Commander, 1st Space Control Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
- July 2008 – January 2010, Chief, Operations Plans Branch, Unified Space Vault, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
- January 2010 – February 2011, Executive Officer to Deputy Commander, JFCC SPACE, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
- January 2011 – June 2012, Space Force Programmer and Chief Integration Branch, Space and Cyberspace Division, Directorate of Programs, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
- June 2012 - November 2012, Executive Officer to the Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff for Strategic Plans and Programs, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
- November 2012 – May 2013, Engagement and Training Officer, Office of Defense Cooperation, Beirut, Lebanon
- May 2013 – February 2014, Executive Officer to the Executive Director, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
- February 2014 – June 2015, Director Of Operations, 21st Operations Support Squadron, Peterson AFB, Colo.
- June 2015 – June 2016, Commander, 12th Space Warning Squadron, Thule AB, Greenland
- June 2016 – December 2017, Deputy Commander, 21st Operations Group, Peterson AFB, Colo.
- December 2017 – July 2018, Deputy Chief, Space Operations Division, HQ Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
- July 2018 – June 2019, Student, Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
- June 2019 – December 2019, Chief, Programs Division, Directorate of Plans, Programs and Financial Management, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
- December 2019 – September 2020, Chief, Programs Division, Directorate of Plans, Programs and Financial Management, United States Space Force, Peterson AFB, Colo.
- September 2020 – June 2021, Chief, Programs Division, Directorate of Plans, Programs and Financial Management, Headquarters Space Operations Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
- June 2021 – Present, Commander, Space Delta 2, Peterson Space Force Base, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant May 27, 1998
First Lieutenant May 27, 2000
Captain May 27, 2002
Major Jan. 1, 2008
Lieutenant Colonel June 1, 2013
Colonel Aug. 1, 2019
(Current as of May 2021)