HomeAbout UsServices/ResourcesBase Voting Office


Federal Voting Assistance Program is for all military voters, spouses and dependents. All can use the same Standard Form 76 (Federal Postcard Application, or FPCA) to register, request a ballot, or update personal information. Military and overseas civilians use the FVAP forms because they are stationed away from their home state (or state of legal residence). But if you are stationed in your state of legal residence, or wish to establish residency in the state in which you are serving, you can register and vote locally.


The 21st Space Wing runs a Readiness Briefing on Mondays for those getting ready to deploy and a Welcome Home briefing for returning deployers on Wednesdays in Building 350 at the Airmen & Family Readiness Center. This is open to all Team Pete Deployers. We encourage your spouse to attend as well. Information on absentee voting assistance is provided.

If you need immediate assistance before a quick or no-notice deployment, contact the installation voting office at 719-556-6141 or DSN 834-6141. 


Federal Service Civilians, Contractors, Reservists (Peterson or GSUs)

For the latest voting information, register in the state in which you reside using the state's voter registration site. You can find links on www.eac.gov at this tab: CONTACT YOUR STATE. For contractors or GS personnel residing overseas, you can use the SF 76 and SF 186 just like active duty military and dependents. For reservists who have been activated to deploy, you can also use the SF 76 and SF 186 on www.fvap.gov . Contact the installation voting assistance office for more info or assistance.

FAX, EMAIL or MAIL my Voting Forms?

Some states give you the option to fax and email as well as mail your voting forms. Check each state's requirements for details. You'll still need to print the forms, sign and date them, before faxing or emailing. For FVAP forms, you have to use their approved coversheet. Consider also that deployed locations or overseas locations may not always have consistent opportunities to fax or email -- so give yourself plenty of lead time to get the forms back to your home state.

Voting news

Civilians (non-dependents): To vote in Colorado, click here

Civilians - To vote in another state, click here

Military (and dependents)/Overseas citizens: Register to vote or request a ballot here

Questions can be e-mailed to vote@peterson.af.mil.

For the latest voting information, visit the
Federal Voting Assistance Program Web site.

Department of Defense Voting Information Center
24-hour answering service:
DSN: 425-1584
Commercial: (703) 588-1584
Toll Free: 1-800-438-VOTE (8683)

Hours of Operation

8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday with voting registration assistance for all military and civilians.

Located on the first floor of Building 350 in the Airmen & Family Readiness Center in room 1203.
Comm: 719-556-6141 
DSN 834-6141.

Please leave a message after hours.


Voting Officer

Installation Voting Assistance Officers
Comm: (719) 556- 6141 
DSN 834-6141

Email: Vote@peterson.af.mil

Air Force Voting