TRICARE Open Season: Nov. 9 – Dec. 14
By Military Retiree Office , Peterson-Schriever Garrison
/ Published November 19, 2020
PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. --
TRICARE Open Season is underway, and here is the latest "Take Command" toolkit, 'TRICARE Open Season: Call to Action.'
The all-digital toolkit is available here:
This toolkit contains information and turn-key products you should use to:
1. Educate beneficiaries about choices they can make during TRICARE Open Season.
2. Remind eligible beneficiaries they can enroll in FEDVIP Vision and Dental.
Key Points for the TRICARE Open Season 2020 Campaign
1. TRICARE Open Season is the annual period when beneficiaries can enroll in or change their health care coverage.
2. TRICARE Open Season is Nov. 9 - Dec. 14, 2020, and is open to eligible beneficiaries in TRICARE Prime, TRICARE Prime Remote, or TRICARE Select.
3. TRICARE Open Season is a good time for beneficiaries to determine if they want to make any changes to their current health plan coverage.
During TRICARE Open Season beneficiaries can:
1. Enroll in a plan: Eligible beneficiaries can enroll in one of two health plans, TRICARE Prime or TRICARE Select.
2. Change plans: If a beneficiary is already enrolled in TRICARE Prime or TRICARE Select, they can switch plans for 2021 coverage. (For example, beneficiaries may plan to grow their family and decide to change from TRICARE Prime to TRICARE Select.)
3. Change type of enrollment, including switching from individual to family enrollment.
Federal Benefits Open Season
1. Eligible TRICARE beneficiaries can also enroll in vision and/or dental coverage through Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP) during Federal Benefits Open Season, which is also Nov. 9 - Dec. 14, 2020.
2. FEDVIP has a range of carriers who offer plans with comprehensive coverage and varying cost.
3. Coverage is not automatic, so to enroll in a FEDVIP dental or vision plan, beneficiaries need to take action during open season.