21st CONTRACTING SQUADRON
Develop, deliver and sustain innovative business solutions to support the joint force in global defense of the homeland and space operations.
Elite Acquisition Strategists fully invested in Mission Partner’s Success
EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES
The squadron doesn’t have any specialized equipment. They are located on Peterson SFB, Colorado, and have a geographically separated unit at the U.S. Embassy in Copenhagen, Denmark that provides support to Thule Air Base, Greenland.
The squadron was constituted as the 21st Depot Supply Squadron on Jan. 5, 1942, at Patterson Field, Ohio. They were activated on Jan. 19, 1942. The squadron found themselves in multiple locations throughout their time as the Depot Supply Squadron. They moved to New Orleans Army Air Base, Louisiana, Oct. 18, 1942 before moving to Bamber Bridge, England, Nov. 29, 1942 and then Burtonwood, England, Dec. 9, 1942. Shortly after they moved again to Wattisham, England, Dec. 31, 1943, and Hitcham, England, Jan. 1, 1944. They moved once more to Robins Field, Georgia on Sept. 4, 1945, before the squadron was inactivated on Nov. 6, 1945. They were disbanded on June 15, 1983, and reconstituted and re-designated as the 21st Contracting Squadron on May 1, 1992. They were activated on May 15, 1992, on Peterson SFB. During their history they received the World War II European-African-Middle Eastern Theater Service Streamer.