STAR Delta (Provisional) - Archived
Published October 20, 2021
The Space Training and Readiness (STAR) Delta (Provisional) transitioned into Space Training and Readiness Command (STARCOM). The Department of the Air Force activated STARCOM as the third and final field command of the U.S. Space Force in a ceremony at Peterson Space Force Base Aug. 23, 2021.
Space Training and Readiness (STAR) Delta (Provisional) prepares U.S. Space Force forces to prevail in a contested, degraded, and operationally-limited environment through the education and training of space professionals; development of space warfighting tactics, techniques, and procedures; and the test and evaluation of USSF capabilities.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
A world-class team of space professionals developing combat-ready space forces and space warfighting capabilities in order to innovate and dominate across all domains.
STAR Delta (P) was activated on July 24, 2020 at Peterson AFB and serves as the precursor organization to the planned Space Training and Readiness Command (STARCOM), one of three enduring Field Commands designated under the U.S. Space Force.
STAR Delta (P) is led by an O-6 commander. STARCOM will be led by a Major General (2-star) due to the planned scope of responsibility and number of personnel within the command.
The enduring STARCOM is anticipated to activate in CY21 and requires a basing action to designate its final location.
Units Within STAR Delta (P)
- 3d Space Experimentation Squadron, Schriever SFB, Colorado
- 17th Test Squadron, Schriever SFB, Colorado
- 25th Space Range Squadron, Schriever SFB, Colorado
- 319th Combat Training Squadron, Peterson SFB, Colorado
- 328th Weapons Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nevada
- 527th Space Aggressor Squadron, Schriever SFB, Colorado
- 533d Training Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, California
- STAR Delta Detachment 1 (the former USAF Warfare Center Detachment 1), Schriever SFB, Colorado
- STAR Delta Detachment 4 (the former Air Force Operational Test & Evaluation Center Detachment 4), Peterson SFB, Colorado
- STAR Delta Operating Location Alpha (the former 705th Combat Training Squadron Operating Location Alpha), Schriever SFB, Colorado
- National Security Space Institute, Peterson SFB, Colorado
- Vosler Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Peterson SFB, Colorado
(Current as of December 2020)