Col. Ericka Farmer-Hill is the Vice Commander, Schriever Space Force Base, and Commander, 50th Mission Support Group, a component of Peterson-Schriever Garrison, Colo., located at Schriever SFB. She is responsible for providing security, civil engineering, communications, fire protection, environmental management, manpower, personnel, services, logistics, contracting and housing support for Schriever SFB. She oversees the group’s $25 million annual budget and full spectrum support to the installations, 22 tenant agencies, 16 geographically separated units, and almost 8,000 personnel operating communications, navigation and surveillance satellites and associated systems valued at $71 billion. Additionally, under her leadership, the group plans, develops and coordinates base growth, mutual aid and encroachment issues with higher headquarters, city, county, state, and federal officials; and organizes, trains and equips Airmen for worldwide deployments in support of combatant commander requirements.
Col. Farmer-Hill is a native of Fayetteville, North Carolina. She entered the Air Force through the ROTC program, Det. 605, at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University in 1998. She has served in a variety of financial management, comptroller and leadership positions at the wing, major command, center and headquarters level.
1998 Bachelor of Science in Marketing, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, Greensboro, N.C.
1998 Basic Financial Management Officer Course, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
2001 Master of Business Administration, Western New England University, Springfield, Mass.
2003 Financial Management Staff Officer Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2004 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2012 Master of Arts, National Security and Strategic Studies, United States Naval War College, R.I.
2015 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, by correspondence
1. July 1998 - May 2000, Financial Management Officer, Electronic Systems Center, Hanscom Air Force Base, Mass.
2. May 2000 - May 2001, Executive Officer, Electronic System Center, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
3. May 2001 - July 2004, Chief, Financial Management, 480th Intelligence Wing, Langley AFB, Va.
4. July 2004 - July 2007, Flight Commander, Financial Services, 56th Comptroller Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
5. July 2007 - May 2008, Action Officer, Command Action Group, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
6. May 2008 - June 2009, Deputy Director of Staff, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
7. June 2009 - June 2011, Commander, 325th Comptroller Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
8. August 2011 - June 2012, Student, Naval War College, Newport Naval Station, R.I.
9. July 2012 - July 2015, Commander, 633rd Comptroller Squadron, Joint-Base Langley – Eustis, Va.
10. July 2015 - July 2017, Deputy, Program Control Chief, Global Positioning Systems Directorate, Space and Missile Systems Center, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
11. July 2017 - July 2019, Executive Officer, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Cost and Economics, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Financial Management and Comptroller, Washington, D.C.
12. July 2019 – July 2020, Director, Financial Management and Comptroller, Space and Missile Systems Center, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
13. July 2020 – present, Commander, 50th Mission Support Group, Schriever SFB, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
2003 Certified Acquisition Professional, Financial Management, Level III
2005 Certified Defense Financial Manager
2005 Certified Acquisition Professional, Program Management, Level II
2005 Phoenix Federal Executive Manager of the Year
2006 Headquarters Air Education and Training Command Financial Services Officer of the Year
2009 Headquarters Air Education and Training Command Comptroller Squadron of the Year
2014 Department of Defense FM Certification Level III
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 8, 1998
First Lieutenant June 11, 2000
Captain June 11, 2002
Major March 1, 2008
Lieutenant Colonel July 1, 2013
Colonel Sept. 1, 2019
(Current as of February 2021)